KROSS 2, the long-awaited successor of the KROSS, is a compact, portable workstation with a huge range of sounds. While maintaining its identity as ultra-lightweight, compact, and capable of running on batteries, this new model dramatically enhances KROSS’s sounds and functionality. In addition to a total of more than a thousand preset sounds, expansion PCM memory has been newly added. Also new is a pad sampler that allows full-fledged sampling, and USB audio/MIDI interface functionality. The color scheme is even more stylish, and the user interface allows intuitive operation even by beginners.
- A rich selection of more than 1,000 powered-up presets
- 128MB of expansion PCM memory is built-in, and option libraries are supported
- The rich expressive power of the EDS-i sound engine, and a rich selection of effects with 134 types
- Superb sampling functionality and 16 sampler pads
- A panel layout that lets you access functions without confusion
- Realtime control section for quick parameter editing
- Favorite function lets you register and instantly recall up to 128 frequently-used sounds
- Quick layer/split can be specified by a single button
- Ultra-lightweight compact body; the 61-key model weighs only 3.8 kg, the lightest in its class
- Long operating life, with six AA batteries allowing up to seven hours of use
- A color lineup with a peerless finish that exceeds its class
- Audio player/recorder that can be easily triggered by the pads
- Sequencer, drum track, and arpeggiator to support your song production
- A rich array of input jacks for singer-instrumentalists or vocoder performance without requiring additional equipment
- Also functions as a USB audio interface
- KROSS 2-61: 61 keys (velocity sensitive; aftertouch not supported)
Normally C2–C7(adjustable in the range [C1…C6]–[C3…C8]
System: EDS-i（Enhanced Definition Synthesis - integrated）
Maximum Polyphony: 120 voices (120 oscillators), single mode
60 voices (60 oscillators), single mode
* The actual maximum polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings such as stereo multisamples and velocity crossfading.
Preset PCM Memory: Approximately 128 MB (calculated as 48 kHz / 16-bit linear PCM data equivalent)
496 multisamples (including seven stereo), 1014 drumsamples (including 49 stereo)
Expansion PCM Memory: Approximately 128MB (*when converted to 48 kHz 16-bit linear PCM. * Used when loading option PCM
Oscillator: OSC1 (Single), OSC1+2 (Double): Stereo multisamples are supported 4 velocity zones per oscillator, with switching, crossfades and layers.
Filters: Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB)
Two multi-mode filters per voice (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
Modulation: For each voice, two envelope generators (Filter & Amp), two LFOs, two key tracking generators (Filter & Amp), and two AMS mixers. In addition, pitch EG, common LFO, and two common key tracking generators
Timbres: Up to 16 timbres, switchable via key zone or velocity zone, layer and crossfade supported, Tone Adjust function allows program settings to be offset
Master Keyboard functionality: These allow you to control external MIDI devices
Drumkits: Stereo and mono drumsamples. 4-way velocity switches with crossfades and adjustable crossfade shapes (Linear, Power, Layer).
Power: AC adaptor power supply DC 9V
AA alkaline batteries x 6, or nickel-metal hydride batteries x 6
Battery Life: AA alkaline batteries x 6: Approximately 6 hours
AA nickel-metal hydride batteries (1900mAh) x 6: Approximately 7 hours
- Power Consumption: 5 W
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 935 mm × 269 mm x 88 mm / 36.81" × 10.59" × 3.46"
Weight: KROSS2-61: 3.8 kg / 8.38 lbs (excluding batteries)