Kali Audio's Lone Pine Series studio monitors are designed to allow you to hear every detail that's happening in your mix.
This starts with an exceptionally accurate frequency response. Whatever is present on your mix is what you'll hear in these monitors. Nothing is boosted or suppressed to cover flaws or try to sound more pleasing.
- The single most important aspect of a studio monitor is its accuracy. A good studio monitor should present the material it’s playing faithfully, allowing you to make critical decisions that you know will translate to all the systems that your work will ultimately be played on.
- Kali Audio defines a listening distance as the maximum distance at which the speakers can play continuously at 85 dB while maintaining 20 dB dynamic headroom. The integrated Class D Power amp delivers clean, reliable power that’s optimized to this speaker. The LP-6 uses 40W for the 6.5-Inch woofer and 40W for the 1” soft dome tweeter.
- A speaker’s given position in a space can drastically change it’s frequency response. Kali’s team did our Boundary EQ tuning at The Village Studios in Los Angeles, and came up with boundary compensation EQ settings to help you get the optimum sound for where you need to put your speakers.
- The LP-6 features balanced XLR and TRS inputs, and an unbalanced RCA input.
The RCA input can be set to -10 dBu sensitivity when you’re using consumer devices like a laptop or smartphone’s headphone jack.
- The waveguide on the Lone Pine Series studio monitors ensures that the directivity of the loudspeaker is smooth throughout its frequency response. What’s more: it’s calibrated so that the sound power of the loudspeaker helps you to perceive sound accurately.
- We wanted to put a port on the front of the LP-Series studio monitors so that they could be used in small spaces where they’d be placed against walls. At the same time, we didn’t want noise from the front port to distract from the accuracy of the speaker, so we developed a special front port that doesn’t make noise. The port tube on LP-6 was designed to ensure that all of the air leaves the port tube at the same velocity. This helps add to the low end response of the speaker, while keeping the bass clean, tight, and devoid of extra noise.
- Powered: Yes
- Amp Class: D
- Power Config: Bi-Amped
- LF Power: 40W
- HF Power: 40W
- Total Power: 80W
- LF Driver: 6.5" Woofer
- HF Driver: 1" Soft Dome Tweeter
- Freq. Response (-10 dB): 39 Hz - 25 kHz
- Frequency Range (±3 dB): 47 Hz - 21 kHz
- Crossover: 1.5kHz
- Recommended Listening Distance: 0.8 - 2.2 Meters
- Max SPL: 112dB