The black FX8 from Fluid Audio is a studio reference monitor, well suited for project and professional studio applications. The dual concentric or coaxial drivers feature an 8" low frequency woofer coupled with a 1.2" tweeter to deliver a phase coherent signal with an accurate off-axis response, resulting superb imaging and sonic clarity. The bi-amplified design delivers 130W of Class A/B power to the drivers, while the optimized front-loaded slot port directs the low frequency energy towards the listener and away from the wall. The speakers offer a frequency response of 35 Hz to 22 kHz for full range sound.
- Frequency response: 35 Hz – 22 kHz (+/-3dB)
- Crossover frequency: 2.4 kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 80 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 50 watts
- Signal-to-noise: > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 95dBA output SPL @ one meter with volume control at maximum (102dB Max SPL)
- Power: 115V ~50/60 Hz or 230V~50/60 Hz user switchable.
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size (single monitor): 340mm (H) x 254mm (W) x 270mm (D)
- Weight (pair): 44 lbs / 20 kg