CRAFTED TONES, FORGED FOR ROCK
With 50 watts of power and a custom 12-inch speaker, the Katana-50 delivers a commanding range of gig-worthy tones that gracefully slice through any band scenario. The amp also excels for home playing, with a uniquely efficient design and innovative Power Control that provides inspiring sound and response at low volumes. In addition, the Katana-50 includes integrated access to a huge range of BOSS effects, which are customizable using the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software. And with the amp’s powerful Tone Setting memories, you can store your favorite amp channel setups and effects combinations for instant recall.
Katana Version 4: Three New Effects Types and Dedicated Pedal FX
The Katana Version 4 update brings original Katana-50 owners some new effect features derived from the next-generation Katana MkII series. Heavy Octave, Stereo Delay, and Pan Delay effects have been added, along with a dedicated Pedal FX section that makes it easier to set up foot-controlled wah and pedal bend.
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from a huge selection of customizable effects and effect routing configurations with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Dedicated gain, EQ, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Three Cabinet Resonance types for fine-tuning the tone and feel
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with customizable tone via three Air Feel settings
- Channel and global parametric EQs for refined sound shaping
- Built-in tilt stand for optimal monitoring and sound projection
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Katana Version 4 Newly Added Features
- Effects expanded to 65 total types; Heavy Octave, Stereo Delay, and Pan Delay added
- New Pedal FX section makes it easier to set up foot-controlled wah and pedal bend effects in BOSS Tone Studio
- Dedicated mode for using a 100-watt Katana model as a slave amp for the Katana MkII’s Stereo Expand feature (Katana-50 not supported)
- Rated Power Output : 50 W
- Nominal Input Level : INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm), AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Speaker: 30 cm (12 inches) x 1
- Controls : POWER switch : MASTER knob, POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5 W, 25 W, 50 W), [AMPLIFIER] : AMP TYPE switch (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN), GAIN knob, VOLUME knob. [EQUALIZER] : BASS knob, MIDDLE knob, TREBLE knob. [MULTI EFFECT] : BOOSTER/MOD button, DELAY/FX button, REVERB button, TAP button BOOSTER/MOD knob, DELAY/FX knob, REVERB knob. [TONE SETTING] : CH1 button, CH2 button, PANEL button.
- Indicators : BOOSTER/MOD, DELAY/FX, REVERB, TAP, CH1, CH2, PANEL,
- Connectors : INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type, REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, USB port: USB B type, AC IN jack.
- Power Consumption : 47 W