AT2020 side-address microphone has long been praised for its affordability and performance, elevated by Audio-Technica's stringent quality and consistency standards. Now, the limited-edition AT2020TYO presents this studio condenser with a traditional AIIRO (indigo blue) finish, a colour used since ancient times in Japan.
With rugged construction for durable performance, the microphone offers a wide dynamic range and handles high SPLs with ease. The specially designed diaphragm provides a wide range of frequency characteristics and superior transient response.
The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology Ideal for project/home-studio applications High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone
- There are many reasons for the universal praise the AT2020 has inspired
- A-T’s renowned quality/consistency standards are evident in details like its low-mass diaphragm, painstakingly engineered for extended frequency response and superior transient response
- The microphone offers an extremely wide dynamic range and handles high SPLs effortlessly
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE : 20-20,000 Hz
- IMPEDANCE : 100 ohms
- ELEMENT : Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- POLAR PATTERN : Cardioid
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY : –37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR : Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS : 48V DC, 2 mA typical
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL : 144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- NOISE : 20 dB SPL
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO : 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- DYNAMIC RANGE : 124 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL